Location: 704 Hanley Industrial Ct., St. Louis, MO 63144
Hours: Tuesday Saturday, 10am 5pm, and by appointment
Robert Morrissey began his career in art and antiques in 1982. His gallery, which has been in operation since 1948, specializes in 18th and 19th century European furniture, porcelain and objects. He also handles a wide variety of art. From 17th century European to 20th century American, the art is always chosen to complement the antiques.
Primary Areas of Expertise
Specializing in 18th and early 19th century English and Continental furniture, paintings and accessories. Garden antiques and decorations.
- Ceramics (excl. Asian): British Porcelain, British Pottery, European Porcelain
- Decorative Objects: British, Continental (European)
- Furniture: Continental, English & Irish
- Garden: Architectural Elements, Garden & Conservatory Furniture, Miscellaneous, Statuary, Urns & Planters
- Paintings & Watercolors: 19th century European, American 19th Century, British to 1840, Victorian
From the Dealer
In 2013 Morrissey earned his appraisal accreditation through the Appraisers Association of America. He offers Estate Inventory, Insurance Replacement and Non-Cash Charitable Contribution appraisal services.
In addition to working with individuals, Morrissey works with designers and institutions. Hes delivered countless lectures and published numerous articles.
Morrissey currently sits on the board of the St. Louis Mercantile Library, the oldest cultural institution west of the Mississippi.