Location: 30 East 95th Street, Suite 5B, New York, NY 10128
Hours: by Appointment Only
English antique furniture is more than a sum of its parts, but the parts are often varied and different so that the whole seems disconcertingly complex. There is a logic, of sorts, to English furniture, but there are also delightful eccentricities. I revel in them and will, for example, buy a great country piece as readily as a great high style piece, despite the obvious differences in decorative appeal. It is great furniture that appeals to meit has to be special. I have been in this business in one form or another for thirty-nine years and there has never been a moment when I have wanted to do something else. Please browse, ask questions and, best of all, come and visit. I guarantee that you will find great beauty herein.
Primary Areas of Expertise
Specializes in 18th century Georgian and Regency period English decoration. Our gallery offers a superb inventory of period mirrors, furniture and a select offering of English & Continental fine art and decoration.
- Clocks and Scientific Instruments: Bracket Clocks, Carriage Clocks, Miscellaneous, Other Scientific Instruments, Wall & Lantern Clocks
- Decorative Objects: British, Continental (European), Other Cultures
- Furniture: Asian, Continental, English & Irish
- Lighting: Candelabra, Lamps, Lanterns, Miscellaneous Lighting, Wall Lights
- Paintings & Watercolors: 19th century European, American 18th Century & Earlier, British to 1840, European & American Impressionism, Old Master European, Post Impressionism & Modern
- Silver: Art Nouveau & 20th Century, English & Irish Silver before 1900, Old Sheffield Plate